Explore contemporary UK, and British culture, through its literature.
In reality you're sitting in an armchair but in your mind you're in the depths of a faraway forbidden forest or perhaps in a cute little café in a side street of London. Literature gives you the safety of travelling within the comforts of your own home, with a cup of tea in your hand and a cat sitting on your lap. Join our contemporary literature course for a journey through the UK. You can stay exactly where you are: no passport needed, no flight necessary, just an eagerness to explore. Through these extracts and novels, you will be able to transport yourself and discover the beauty and the culture of contemporary UK.
About the course
This is a 20-hour online course in which participants:
- read extracts from 20th and 21st century UK literature.
- find out more about contemporary UK writers and poets.
- discuss the themes and meaning of the extracts/poems presented.
- enrich their English over a variety of themes.
To follow the course, applicants must be:
- at least 18 years old
- have a B2 level or above knowledge of English