Playing a part in their own learning
With our English courses for children aged 6 to 11, your child will develop the ability to communicate in English without difficulty and acquire essential skills that will help them continue to improve as they get older. This will help prepare them for future challenges. Our primary English courses are taught by specialised teachers with extensive experience, who know how to create and maintain a motivating learning environment for students of this age.
Your child will engage in projects and tasks based on exciting subjects for children of their age. Through activities such as games, songs and drama, we will enable them to express themselves in English while consolidating their pronunciation at the same time. They will feel at the centre of their own learning and perform confidently in a setting in which only English is spoken. Our English classes for primary school aged children focus on the language skills that students work on at school and help prepare them to meet the specific demands of a challenging academic environment. They’ll also make a friend with Aardman’s very own Shaun the Sheep!
All-round personal development
Apart from helping your child to learn English, we’ll foster other aspects essential to children’s overall development as people. We will work on their social, personal and emotional skills, and encourage abilities like creativity, leadership and critical thought. These are certainly all learning abilities that will be of use to them throughout their lives.
What does Primary Plus offer your child?
The programme offers:
- a four-skill approach (reading, writing, listening and speaking) leading to increased confidence and better communication in English
- the chance to develop strong communication skills by improving grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- whole child development with a focus on developing life skills such as critical thinking and problem solving, digital literacy, collaboration and communication, citizenship, creativity and imagination, and leadership and personal development
- engaging and fun task-based activities using a variety of media (videos, music, games, art and tasks)
- a sense of progress achieved through tangible lesson aims, regular feedback and clear assessment
- evidence of learning through magazines and supplementary material designed by our English language experts.
We respect every child’s pace and understand that learning is an individual process, which is why we look at their development as a means for establishing a level that will allow them to make the most of their potential.
Our Primary levels are mapped onto your child’s school level. Your child will most likely be with children of the same age group, but as we respect the fact that learning is an individual process, we would like to invite your child for a free level test in order to place them in the class that best suits their needs.