Get ready for a competitive global future
Our English courses for students aged 12 to 17 are taught by dedicated and qualified teachers, who motivate students to thrive in their English language learning, offering a meaningful and relevant English learning experience.
In an increasingly competitive environment, we want our Secondary learners to be ready to successfully face the challenges of the future. At the British Council, we’ll give them the tools they need to cope confidently with a changing, globalised world.
In our classes, students will develop the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking through natural interaction in debates, interviews, projects and proposals. At the same time, they’ll improve their pronunciation and their ability to express themselves in English, while improving their grammatical accuracy and expanding their vocabulary.
Certify your level
We integrate preparation for the Cambridge English: B2 First (FCE) certificate into our Lower Secondary Plus 3 classes. Teachers will advise your child on taking the exam.
We integrate preparation for the Cambridge English: B2 First (FCE), C1 Advanced (CAE) and C2 Proficiency (CPE) certificates into Upper Secondary 2, 3 and 4 classes respectively. On these courses, teachers will advise each student in accordance with their needs and offer them the chance to sit these internationally recognised examinations.
What your child will learn
Your child will:
- gain confidence in expressing themselves in English and expand their communicative abilities
- deal with topics of interest to their age group in class
- expand their grammar and vocabulary, and learn to use them in a natural way
- be able to adapt their English to different contexts: leisure, academic and professional
- be able to sit official examinations successfully and be ready to take on challenges of this kind in a university setting
- develop as a person ready for a changing, globalised environment.
We know that at Secondary level learners’ interests and goals are highly diverse. That’s why we structure our classes around two age groups:
- Lower Secondary: 12–14 years old
Students continue to improve their English through projects and interesting activities appropriate to their age group. They’ll also get preparation and support for sitting the Cambridge English: B2 First (FCE) exam.
- Upper Secondary: 15–17 years old
We help students to prepare for the Cambridge English: B2 First (FCE), C1 Advanced (CAE) and C2 Proficiency (CPE) exams and improve their academic English.