- Aptis provides reliable, accurate results about the English skills in your organisation. As a result, you can make better decisions about recruitment, workforce development and training needs.
- Aptis is flexible and accessible so you can assess people quickly and affordably.
- It also allows you to accurately test the skills relevant to your requirements and get results fast.
How is the test structured?
- Aptis tests grammar, vocabulary and language skills (speaking, writing, reading and listening). Each test taker completes a grammar and vocabulary test followed by the English language skills of your choice.
- Tests start with general questions and then progress to more demanding tasks. Each section of the test assesses English levels from A1–C.
How to choose the Aptis test you need
You can choose whether to test all skills (speaking, writing, reading and listening) or just the ones most appropriate for your organisation.
For example, if you are an HR manager in charge of recruitment for front office staff your priority might be to assess English speaking and writing ability.
We can advise on the most suitable way to use Aptis for you.
Whether your testing requirement is for recruitment, workforce development or training, Aptis is the forward thinking English testing you’ve been waiting for.
You can customise the tests to be specific to your industry, making the results relevant, reliable and accurate for your needs.
Aptis General is the foundational assessment test. This can be customised to your business or organisational needs, for example to cover specific industries (e.g. business, travel, tourism) as well as the skills you want to test.
Aptis for Tourism
Aptis for Tourism is customised to the tourism industry and covers specific assessment needs.
Aptis for Teens
Aptis for Teens is a general English language test aimed at learners aged 12 to 15. It has been designed to meet the needs of younger language learners in developing their English language skills. Find out more about Aptis for Teens.