What is EUNIC?
EUNIC (European Union National Institutes of Culture) is an association of European Union national or official cultural bodies who represent their countries’ cultural and, in many cases, educational relations with other countries.
The primary aim of EUNIC Greece is to encourage existing European cultural institutes in Greece to work on joint programmes and projects with each other and with Greek partners – public and private.
- The EUNIC Athens cluster was established on 10 June 2008. Eighteen European cultural institutes based in Athens have signed an unofficial Memorandum of Understanding.
- The EUNIC Thessaloniki cluster was established on 5 July 2012 with the participation of five cultural institutes based in Thessaloniki.
The main purpose of the association is to create effective partnerships and networks between the participating organisations, to improve and promote cultural diversity and understanding between European societies, and to strengthen international dialogue and co-operation within and outside Europe.
- British Council Greece
- Danish Institute at Athens
- Embassy of Austria in Athens
- Embassy of the Czech Republic in Athens
- Embassy of Ireland in Greece
- Embassy of the Netherlands in Athens
- Embassy of Poland in Athens
- Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Athens
- Embassy of Romania in Athens
- Goethe-Institut Athen
- Hellenic Foundation for Culture
- Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- House of Cyprus
- Institut Français d'Athènes
- Instituto Cervantes de Atenas
- Istituto Italiano di Cultura di Atene
- Norwegian Embassy in Athens
- Swedish Institute at Athens
The current Chair of EUNIC Athens is Mikaël Hautchamp, Director of the Institut Français de Grèce and Cultural Co-operation Counsellor of the French Embassy in Greece.
- British Council in Thessaloniki
- Institut Français de Thessalonique
- Goethe-Institut Thessaloniki
- Istituto Italiano di Cultura di Salonicco
- Associate Member:
Centro Cultural Hispano-Helleno de Salonica Federico Garcia Lorca
The current Chair of EUNIC Thessaloniki is Maria Tsakali, Head, British Council Thessaloniki Office.