When outstanding individuals receive a world-class education in the UK, the effects can last a lifetime. The Study UK Alumni Awards shine a light on the impact that alumni of UK higher education institutions are making in their chosen field and how this was sparked by their studies in the UK.
Now in their eighth year, these prestigious awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of the UK’s international alumni around the world.
Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, industries and countries. The awards celebrate and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education and raise the international profile of UK alumni and their former universities.
The awards are open to alumni currently residing in any country outside the UK who have either studied in the UK at an officially recognised provider of UK university degree level study for a minimum of a term or semester, or who have been awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher) by a UK university through a local institution overseas, within the last 15 years.
There are four award categories:
- Science and Sustainability Award – Recognising alumni who have distinguished themselves through their career and achievements in the world of science and sustainability, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession and beyond. Areas of work could include: Climate action, clean energy, medicine, sustainable cities and communities, engineering, industry and construction.
- Culture and Creativity Award – Recognising alumni who have carved a career for themselves in arts and culture. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their artistic ingenuity, influence and creativity. Areas of work could include: Arts, design, media, video, TV, music, bloggers, vloggers, YouΤubers and the humanities.
- Social Action Award – Recognising alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others. Areas of work could include: Reducing inequality, poverty and hunger. Education and upskilling. Peace and justice.
- Business and Innovation Award – Recognising alumni who are active in initiating and contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities that have the potential for growth. Areas of work could include: Entrepreneurship, business, technology.
How to apply
Have you studied in the UK and have gone on to achieve exceptional success? If so, apply for one of the Awards!
Applications open from 1 September 2021.
The benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award include the opporunity to:
- raise your international profile through global press and digital coverage
- build your professional networks and business connections
- win a professional networking visit to the UK.
What makes a great application? Read our top tips on the Study UK Alumni Awards website.
The British Council will organise ‘How to apply’ webinars for those who are interested in learning more about the application process. Register if you would like to join the event.
Applications open on 1 September 2021 and close on 29 October 2021.
All eligible applicants will be put forward for the global Alumni Awards.