The Study UK Alumni Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of alumni and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education. For the fourth consecutive year, Greece is honoured to be hosting the Alumni Awards in partnership with the British Embassy Athens, the British Graduates Society (BGS) and the British-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
There are three award categories:
- Professional Achievement Award – recognising UK alumni who have distinguished themselves through exemplary leadership and achievements in their professional industry, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession and beyond.
- Entrepreneurial Award – recognising UK alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities that have the potential for strong growth.
- Social Impact Award – recognising UK alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
Have you, or someone you know, studied in the UK and gone on to achieve exceptional success? If so, apply or nominate someone for one of the Awards today!
What makes a great application? Read our top tips on the Study UK Alumni Awards website.
Award winners have the opportunity to raise their international profile, expand their professional networks and enhance their careers. The British Council will offer a prize of up to €1,000 to each winner of the three main categories in Greece for a professional development opportunity of their choice. Additionally, each winner of the three main categories in Greece will win a return ticket to a domestic destination, sponsored by Aegean Airlines.
Lifetime Achievement Award
For the first time, Greece is one of the two pilot countries hosting the Lifetime Achievement Award, recognising alumni who studied at a UK university more than 15 years ago and who have contributed to UK-Greece relations. If you know someone who meets these criteria, nominate them for this category to give them the opportunity to be recognised for their outstanding achievements! This is a separate award to the three other main categories with specific Terms and Conditions (PDF, 151 kb). Participants must be nominated by someone else to enter this award category.
Finalists and the winner will be honoured as part of the national level awards only (i.e. they will not be entered into the global awards in addition). The winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award will win a return ticket to London, sponsored by Aegean Airlines.
- Nominations for the Alumni Awards close on Sunday 13 October; applications on Monday 28 October 2019.
- Nominations for the Lifetime Achievement Award close on Sunday 20 October; confirmation of nominations on Monday 28 October 2019.
Find out more about the awards and read winners’ and finalists’ inspiring stories on the Study UK Alumni Awards website or browse our site to find out more about previous years’ winners and finalists in Greece.