The call for applications for the Alumni Awards has now closed. The Greece finalists will be announced by January 2024.
Greece is honoured to be hosting the Study UK Alumni Awards in partnership with the British Embassy Athens, and with the support of the British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, the British Graduates Society (BGS) and UK Alumni Associations in Greece.
When outstanding individuals receive a world-class education in the UK, the effects can last a lifetime! The Alumni Awards shine a light on the impact that alumni of UK higher education institutions are making in their chosen field and how this was sparked by their studies in the UK.
Now in their tenth year, these prestigious awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of the UK’s international alumni around the world.
Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, industries and countries. The awards celebrate and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education and raise the international profile of UK alumni and their former universities.
The awards are open to alumni currently residing in any country outside the UK who have either studied in the UK at an officially recognised provider of UK university degree level study for a minimum of a term or semester, or who have been awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher) by a UK university through a local institution overseas, within the last 15 years.
Applications open on 1 September 2023 and close on 29 October 2023.
There are four award categories:
- Science and Sustainability Award – Recognising alumni who have distinguished themselves through their career and achievements in the world of science and sustainability, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession and beyond.
Areas of work could include: Climate action, clean energy, medicine, sustainable cities and communities, engineering, industry and construction.
- Culture and Creativity Award – Recognising alumni who have carved a career for themselves in arts and culture. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their artistic ingenuity, influence and creativity.
Areas of work could include: Arts, design, media, video, TV, music, sports, bloggers, vloggers, YouΤubers and the humanities.
- Social Action Award – Recognising alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
Areas of work could include: Reducing inequality, poverty and hunger. Education and upskilling. Peace and justice.
- Business and Innovation Award – Recognising alumni who are active in initiating and contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities that have the potential for growth.
Areas of work could include: Entrepreneurship, business, technology and finance.
The British Council will offer a prize of up to £2,000 to the winner of each of the main categories in Greece for a professional development opportunity of their choice.
The benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award also include the opportunity to:
- raise your international profile through global press and digital coverage
- build your professional networks and business connections
- win a professional networking visit to the UK.
Other ways to connect with international UK alumni
It doesn’t end with the Study UK Alumni Awards. Make sure you register to join Alumni UK, the British Council’s global networking and professional development platform for UK alumni around the world. Sign up today!