Send your documents document(s) by courier or email and receive them by courier
We have secured special courier rates, offered exclusively to our customers, for sending your document(s) by ACS Courier – you can find these in our downloadable list of fees below. You can make use of the special rates by following the steps below:
- Call ACS Courier on 801 500 1111 or 210 819 0000 to arrange for the pick-up of your document(s) at your convenience. A full list of ACS branches can be found at www.acscourier.net/el/store-locator.
- Inform the ACS Courier agent who collects your document(s) that the British Council will pay the courier fee*.
- We will contact you to confirm receipt of your document(s) and the overall fee before proceeding to verification/translation.
- ACS Courier will deliver the verified/translated document(s) to you (courier delivery time: 1–2 working days).
- If you wish, you can make use of another courier company to send and receive your document(s). In this case, please note that you must make all the necessary arrangements directly with them and pay the translation/verification fees by bank payment. The British Council does not bear any responsibility for any delays related to the courier company.
* The cost of the courier service is borne by the customer and is additional to the translation/verification fee. However, it is important that you inform the ACS Courier agent that the British Council will pay for the courier service so that you can make use of the special courier rates offered exclusively to our customers. The British Council does not bear any responsibility for any delays related to the courier company.
Alternatively, for submission of document(s) only:
- check the types of documents exempted from this method of submission*
- if the type of your document(s) is not exempted, send a clear scanned copy of your document(s) to Translation-Verification@britishcouncil.gr (photographs of your document(s) will not be accepted).
* Exemptions: i) language certificates issued by recognised UK examination bodies; ii) qualifications issued by UK Higher Education Institutions to be submitted to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for legalisation purposes. In this case, you need to send your document(s) by ACS Courier.
Please also enclose – or attach to your email – the following:
1. Our Request form (PDF, 137 kb) stating:
- the document holder’s name exactly as it appears on their passport or identity card in both the original language (e.g. Greek) and English (if different)
- the service you require
- your daytime and mobile phone numbers
- your address (if the documents will not be received by the document holder in person, please also indicate the name of the recipient)
- if you submit your document(s) by email, please ignore question 2 on the Request form.
2. If you submit a document issued by a UK educational institution, a signed copy of our Consent form (PDF, 51 kb).
3. If you submit your document(s) by courier, the original document(s) you want translated/verified.
4. If you have had the same document(s) translated/verified by the British Council in the past, photocopies or scanned copies of the translation/verification.
Failure to provide the documents and information required as specified above may result in a delay in the translation/verification process.