Send your document(s) by courier or email and receive them by courier
We have secured special courier rates, offered exclusively to our customers, for sending your document(s) by ACS Courier – see our downloadable list of fees below. You can make use of the special rates by following the steps below:
- Call ACS Courier on 801 500 1111 or 210 819 0000 to arrange for the pick-up of your document(s) at your convenience. For a full list of ACS branches, visit www.acscourier.net/el/store-locator.
- Inform the ACS Courier agent who collects your document(s) that the British Council will pay the courier fee.*
- We will contact you to confirm receipt of your document(s) and the overall fee before proceeding to verification/translation.
- ACS Courier will deliver the verified/translated document(s) to you.**
- If you wish, you can make use of another courier company to send and receive your document(s) by making all the necessary arrangements directly with them. In this case, please note that: (i) the courier fee is borne by the customer and must be paid directly to the courier company, (ii) you must pay the translation/verification fees by bank payment.**
* The cost of the courier service is borne by the customer and is additional to the translation/verification fee. However, it is important that you inform the ACS Courier agent that the British Council will pay for the courier service so that you can make use of the special courier rates offered exclusively to our customers.
** The British Council does not bear any responsibility for any delays related to any courier company.
Alternatively, for submission of document(s) only:
- check the types of documents exempted from this method of submission*
- if the type of your document(s) is not exempted, send a clear scanned copy of your document(s) to Translation-Verification@britishcouncil.gr (photographs of your document(s) will not be accepted)
- Important: clearly indicate your city or geographical area in the ‘Subject’ line of your email.
* Exemptions: i) language certificates issued by recognised UK examination bodies; ii) qualifications issued by UK higher education institutions to be submitted to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office for legalisation purposes. In this case, you need to send your document(s) by courier.
Please also enclose – or attach to your email – the following:
1. A signed copy of our Request Form (PDF, 152 kb).
- If you submit your document(s) by email, ignore question 2.
- If the documents will not be received by the document holder in person, please also indicate the name and details of the authorised recipient.
2. A clear copy of the document holder’s identity card/passport/driver’s license or other official identification document.
3. If you submit a document issued by a UK institution, a signed copy of our Consent Form (PDF, 56 kb).
4. If you submit your document(s) by courier, the original document(s) you want translated/verified.
5. If you have had the same document(s) translated/verified by the British Council in the past, photocopies or scanned copies of the translation/verification.
Failure to provide the documents and information required as specified above may result in a delay in the translation/verification process. For further information, refer to our Terms and Conditions (PDF, 139).