This course will be delivered in a Virtual Classroom while regular face-to-face classes are temporarily suspended. Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms for adult students.
Our conversation skills course is ideal if you want to speak more confidently and fluently, listen more attentively, and communicate more clearly and effectively. The course will help you improve all aspects of oral communication.
We will develop your listening skills to help you better follow and participate in conversations.
You will learn more than stock phrases: we will teach you the language you need to speak with greater fluency in a wide variety of situations. We will help you improve your speaking skills by encouraging conversation through role-plays, debates, mini-presentations and discussions.
On this course, you will:
- learn to speak more confidently
- practise listening more attentively
- learn phrases that help with your fluency.
Our promise to you
If we need to close the teaching centre in line with government guidelines:
- we guarantee that your class will continue online
- online classes will include the same number of hours as face-to-face classes
- online classes will be with the same teacher, the same classmates and at the same time.
Why should you choose this course with the British Council?
Improve your conversation skills with the world’s English language experts and you will:
- be taught by highly qualified and experienced teachers of adults, who will give you all the support and individual attention you need
- enjoy lessons that use modern, communication-centred activities, teaching methods and materials
- learn through a variety of teaching techniques including pair and group work
- see your fluency, pronunciation and confidence improve.
We offer conversation skills courses at two levels: B1 and below, and B2 and above.