We have a wide range of courses to meet the needs of every type of learner. So whatever your age, your level or your learning goals, we have a course for you.
How do we teach English at the British Council?
- We make learning fun because people learn better if they enjoy being in the classroom.
- We use different teaching techniques because different students have different learning styles.
- We ask students to work in pairs and in groups so they develop real-life communication skills.
- We use course books produced by specialist publishers and materials created by our teachers.
- We provide students with language input and skills practice.
- We also teach study skills to help students become more independent language learners.
- We provide thorough preparation for the Cambridge English First (FCE), Advanced (CAE) and Proficiency (CPE) examinations and the IELTS test by familiarising students with the format of the exams and training them in essential exam techniques.
- We expect student to play an active part in their learning.