Going Global is a conference for leaders in international education to debate the future of further and higher education.
- provides a unique platform for knowledge sharing
- connects local, national, regional and global agendas
- provides a global network for policy makers and practitioners working in the field of international education
- supports evidence-led policy decisions deriving from research and regional policy dialogues
- supports global thought leadership.
This year’s theme is Knowledge diplomacy and the digital world: does international tertiary education have a role?
As the digital world transforms our society, it brings both immense opportunities and significant risks. New technologies and platforms are revolutionising the way that knowledge is produced, accessed and used globally. Solutions to many of the world’s greatest challenges are increasingly within reach. The speed and scale of change is also disrupting labour markets and business models, radically changing the nature of jobs and the skills required. While technologies are creating huge opportunities and wealth for some, many more remain excluded, deepening inequality and polarising societies.
Historically, international tertiary education has fulfilled a unique position as a global knowledge producer, developer of high level skills and powerful anchor in local and global society. In a radically different future world, however, how relevant will it be and what contribution can it make?
Going Global will debate the role of international tertiary education in this new paradigm, focusing through a policy or practice lens, on four roles:
- Global knowledge producer
- High level skills developer
- Global society anchor and solution provider
- Leader and partner in a future world.
Read the full description of the Going Global 2019 conference themes.
Discounted early bird rates are available until Friday 22 March – secure your place today!
For further information on Going Global 2019, visit the official website.