The British Council’s International School Award is an internationally acknowledged accreditation that recognises commitment to developing global citizenship in young people and puts your school on the map by helping you to embed international learning into the curriculum.
To gain the award, schools submit evidence of their international activities and the impact this has had in the school. The full International School Award (Accreditation) provides accreditation for embedding international learning into the curriculum.
The International School Award accreditation framework assesses your school in the following areas:
- staff development – training and professional development and how you help staff to prepare for international work
- collaborations with partner schools – projects, activities, communication
- curriculum-based work across a range of subjects – global learning
- involvement of the wider community – parents, businesses, social projects.
Deadline for submission of Action Plans for schools interested in applying for the full International School Award (Accreditation): 30 November 2017
Information session for teachers
We are organising an information session for teachers interested in learning more about the application process for the International School Award on Wednesday 1 November 2017 (16.00–17.00) at our Athens office.
Please email Victoria Kyriaki at Victoria.Kyriaki@britishcouncil.gr to book a place.
Fully Accredited Schools in Greece
- The American College of Greece – PIERCE
- Anatolia College International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Geitonas School
- 10th Helioupolis Primary School
- Zanneio Experimental Junior High School
- Greek French School JEANNE D’ ARC
- Byron College
- I.M.Panagiotopoulos School
- 1st Special Education Primary School of Korydallos
- 2nd Primary School of N. Alikarnassos
- The Heritage Private School
- 1st Secondary school of Gerakas
- Bougas School
- Platon IB world School
- 1st Primary School of Salamina
- 1st Junior High School of Voula
For further information, please contact Victoria Kyriaki:
|210 369 2337|