This year we're renewing our appointment with European Researchers' Night, the annual mega event celebrating science and research, which takes place simultaneously in several hundred cities across Europe and beyond.
Join us at this year’s celebrations being held in nine cities all over Greece – Athens, Thessaloniki, Patras, Larissa, Corinth, Pylos, Rhodes, Heraklion and Rethymnon – under the slogan 'Science takes you everywhere', and discover what researchers really do and why it matters for our daily life!
In Greece, we are joining forces with:
- the National Centre for Scientific Research 'Demokritos'
- the National Observatory of Athens
- the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research
- the National Hellenic Research Foundation
- the Athena-Research and Innovation Center in Information
- Communication and Knowledge Technologies
- the Foundation of the Hellenic World
and invite you on a journey into the unknown world of the researcher to explore their ways and places of work.
Between 18.00 and midnight, you'll have the chance to meet researchers and scientists, learn about their work and and the important contribution they make to society, as well as get an insight into their daily lives and a taste of the magic of science.
From the observation of distant stars to a visual tour of the Greek seas and from the nucleus of an atom to the heart of a cell, this years Researchers' Night' really will take you everywhere!
Admission is free.
Programme of events
|Main event||Friday 26 September 2014, 18.00–00:00|
|Pre-events||6, 12 & 19 September 2014|
- Researchers' Night Greece website
- Researchers' Night Greece Facebook page
- Facebook event
- British Council: Victoria.Kyriaki@britishcouncil.gr & 210 369 2337
About Researchers' Night
Researchers’ Night is a European Commission programme initiated in 2005, which, having since gained its place among the most important initiatives to promote science, is celebrated simultaneously in all participating cities on the last Friday of September every year. The activity is part of the People (Marie Curie Actions) programme under the auspices of the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme.