This course will be delivered in a Virtual Classroom while regular face-to-face classes are temporarily suspended. Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms for adult students.
Our general English courses are designed to improve every aspect of your English. Each lesson has clear objectives that contribute to your overall progress and move you closer to achieving your language goals.
In every class, your teacher will provide you with structured learning tasks and monitor your progress, providing you with feedback, correction and guidance to help you become more fluent and confident when communicating in English.
Our courses will help you improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills, and while the focus is on using English naturally, grammar and vocabulary are developed as well.
On this course you will:
- improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- gain confidence in all aspects of English
- progress towards your personal language goals.
Why should you choose this course with the British Council?
Learn English with the world’s English language experts and you will:
- be taught by highly qualified and experienced teachers of adults, who will give you all the support and individual attention you need
- enjoy lessons that use modern, communication-centred activities, teaching methods and materials
- learn through a variety of teaching techniques including pair and group work
- see your skills progress in all areas.
How will I be assessed?
There will be some assessed tasks during the course. If you pass, you’ll progress to the next level. If you are not successful, you can repeat the course. You will also have the opportunity to discuss your progress at a one-to-one meeting with your teacher at the end of the course.
You must attend 80% of classes to progress to the next level.