Our General English courses are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is an international standard for describing language ability. It describes language ability on a six-point scale, from A1 for beginners, up to C2 for those who have mastered a language. This makes it easy for anyone interested in language learning and ability such as employers, teachers or learners, to see the level of different qualifications.
|Course||CERF Level||CERF Level|
Our promise to you
If we need to close the teaching centre in line with government guidelines:
- we guarantee that your classes will continue online
- online classes will include the same number of hours as face-to-face classes
- online classes will be with the same teacher, the same classmates and at the same time, whenever possible.
Why should you choose this course with the British Council?
On this course, you will:
- be taught by expert teachers with experience of the challenges and demands of the local context
- improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- learn through structured learning tasks and activities that will help you achieve the next level of proficiency according to the CEFR
- have the opportunity to prepare for one of the internationally recognised Cambridge Assessment English language tests.
How will I be assessed?
We strongly believe in assessment for learning (AFL). AFL is an approach to teaching and learning that creates feedback which is then used to improve your performance. You become more involved in the learning process and from this gain confidence in what you are expected to learn and to what standard.