1st International Flash Fiction Competition in partnership with the Kingston Writing School
Do you have a short story to tell? Would you like to win a full scholarship for a course of your choice at our International Creative Writing Summer School 2017? If so, enter our International Flash Fiction Competition, which we are co-organising with the Kingston Writing School.
To enter the competition, submit an unpublished flash fiction story in English (up to 300 words) on the theme: I am not the man/woman I thought I was.
Email your story along with the completed entry form (available in the ‘Documents’ section below) to Vangelis.Kravvaritis@britishcouncil.gr by Monday 1 May 2017.
Don’t miss this chance to have your work published by Kingston University Press!
The panel of judges is comprised of:
- David Rogers (Director, Kingston Writing School)
- Heidi James (Writer, Creative Writing Teacher, Kingston University)
- Andreas Mitsou (Author, Η εξαίσια γυναίκα και τα ψάρια, 2015 State Award for Best Short Story, Η Αλεξάνδρα)
- Vangelis Provias (Author, Black Parade Shoes, Missolonghi Square).
The winner will be awarded a full scholarship for a course of their choice at our International Creative Writing Summer School 2017, which will take place from 5 to 30 June 2017.
In addition, the two best submissions will be published in the anthology Rethinking the Plot Vol. 2 in Spring 2018 by Kingston University Press.
We received an overwhelming number of short stories and the quality of entries was outstanding. After a very tough deliberation process, we are now pleased to announce the top two entries:
- First prize
St Leonards Warrior Square by Milward Henry
- Second Prize
Washing Up by Mama Georgia
We would like to issue commendations for their exceptional work to:
- Gerogianni Irene
- Kontou Evangelia
- Papoulias Gigi
- Panera Alta
- Kefala Salonikia
- Maroncha Lucy
- Karantoniou Christos
- Velentza Clio
- Miles Judi
- Papageorgiou Vasiliki
We would like to congratulate all participating writers on their splendid efforts – well done to you all!
- The competition is open to all writers aged 18 or over.
- Stories should be entirely the work of the entrant.
- Stories should be written in English.
- Entries should be anonymous: the entrant’s name should not appear anywhere in the submitted story.
- Stories should be unpublished in any form (print or electronic media) and should not have been entered in any other competition(s).
- Stories should be a maximum of 300 words in length. Please include the word count on the top right of the opening page. The title is not included in the word count.
- The copyright of each entry remains with the author, but Kingston University Press will have unrestricted rights to publish it in the aforementioned anthology and in any relevant promotional material.
For further information, please contact Vangelis Kravvaritis:
|Telephone||+30 210 369 2361|