Along with the National Documentation Centre and the Enterprise Europe Network (Hellas), and with the support of the Developmental Partnership Prosvasis, we're delighted to announce the launch of the Social Business Excellence Awards, which are being organised under the auspices of the Ministry for Development and Competiveness. Our aim is to recognise the achievement of sustainable business plans of existing or newly-established social enterprises and entrepreneurs in Greece who use innovative methods to address social problems.
The awards will provide recognition to both experienced and up-and-coming social entrepreneurs who are turning to alternative forms of enterprise, such as social entrepreneurship, and reward innovative ideas developed for the benefit of society. They will also serve to promote social entrepreneurship as a key pillar for growth and as a response to the problems of unemployment and social exclusion.
Through the awards, we aim to support creative entrepreneurship which combines the production of economic surplus with measurable social impact, and to create a network of young social entrepreneurs, innovators, institutions, companies and members of investment enterprises.
Deadline for entries: Monday 15 September 2014 (23.59 Greek time)
The winners of the Social Business Excellence Awards 2014 are:
- Social Enterprise of the Year: Myrtilo Social Enterprise
- Community Impact Award: NGO Diogenis for the magazine Shedia
- Health and Social Care Social Enterprise 2014: Social Co-operative with Limited Liability in the Mental Health Sector Dodecanese
- Green Social Enterprise 2014: Earth Thessaly Social Enterprise
- Innovation Social Enterprise 2014: Kaloni-Kelia Tinos Social Enterprise
- Education and Culture Social Enterprise 2014: Institute for Behavioural Research Analysis
- Social Enterprise Start-Up 2014: Roi Cat Social Enterprise
For further information, please contact Vangelis Kravvaritis:
|Telephone||210 369 2361|
This initiative is supported by EYDAP, Hellenic Petroleum SA, Organisation for Culture, Sports and Youth of the Municipality of Athens, ATHEXGroup/Athens Stock Exchange, Bodossakis Foundation, Greek National Tourist Organisation (GNTO), DEH and Interamerican.