Our Teachers’ Club supports the professional development of teachers of English in Greece and provides exclusive benefits to ensure that the examination experience is positive for both you and your students.
Support for teachers
We’re the world’s English language experts and are passionate about English and those who teach it. We provide a wide range of resources to help teachers of English in Greece achieve their maximum potential.
With the British Council, you can:
- enrich your lesson planning skills by accessing our free TeachingEnglish website, the world’s largest online teaching resource, with free classroom materials, IELTS-specific lesson plans, practice tests and much more
- join our free face-to-face ELT seminars available throughout Greece
- take part in our IELTS webinars, offered at specific times throughout the year, to learn about IELTS developments and teaching methodology, and get tips on preparing students for the writing and speaking tests
- subscribe to our Talking English newsletter to ensure that you receive the latest global ELT news and keep up to date with our services and events
- assess your students’ progress through our innovative computer-based Aptis for Teens exam. This will prove useful in preparing for later high-stakes English language exams.
Through our Teachers’ Club partnership scheme we will provide you with:
- a unique British Council membership number to access online group registration for Cambridge English exams and easy access to your students’ timetables and results
- a dedicated member of staff to assist you with online registration
- SMS and email notifications of key information such as registration dates, results, cultural events, seminars etc.
- guaranteed safety for your younger students through our child protection policy.
Join our Teachers’ Club (MS Word, 43 kb) today and benefit from our support!
Support for your Cambridge English Students
Your students will benefit from your collaboration with us through access to a range of services and resources, available only through the British Council. These include:
- free online learning materials for all ages through our LearnEnglish website
- listening tests with headphones for guaranteed quality during the test session
- exclusive access to our candidate support website LearnEnglish Exams, which provides useful tips and practice activities for the Writing and Speaking components of the B2 First (FCE) for Schools, C1 Advanced (CAE) and C2 Proficiency (CPE) exams
- the chance to take a free online mock speaking test with a certified British Council examiner through our LearnEnglish Exams website
- invitations to pre-exam seminars, which provide candidates with practical advice to help improve their confidence on the day of the exam, and tips on how to tackle a variety of exam tasks
- a special arrangements service for candidates with specific needs.
Register your students for a Cambridge English exam quickly and easily through the British Council and ensure that your students’ needs are met.
Support for your IELTS Students
Your IELTS students will benefit from your collaboration with us through access to a range of services and resources, available only through the British Council. These include:
- Convenient IELTS test sessions, with many dates to choose from in Athens, Thessaloniki and other towns and cities throughout Greece
- Guaranteed fast delivery of results
- Flexible speaking test dates
- Use of headphones in the listening test exclusively for British Council candidates
- High quality test venues
- Provision of official results to organisations upon request
- 30 hours’ free access to Road to IELTS, the British Council’s exclusive online preparation course
- Free online IELTS preparation materials such as interactive courses, study tips, e-books, videos, interview skills, practice tests and mobile apps
- IELTS Top Tips webinars for candidates before test sessions
- IELTS Test day advice
Register your students for IELTS through the British Council and they will enjoy a world of opportunities.