MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) by the British Council: Understanding IELTS
Only the British Council offers this unique opportunity: a free high quality online preparation course to help you achieve the best possible IELTS score. Understanding IELTS is one of the top 10 most popular MOOCs of all time for candidates all over the world (source: onlinecoursereport.com, 2016).
Free online practice test are available on our Take IELTS website:
- Listening practice test 1
- Reading practice test 1: IELTS Academic
- Reading practice test 1: IELTS General Training
- Writing practice test 1: IELTS Academic
- Writing practice test 1: IELTS General Training
- Speaking practice test 1
Prepare for the IELTS Listening Test
- Practise your listening with these online activities.
- Download listening materials from the British Council’s iTunes University (you will need iTunes to access this content).
Prepare for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Practise your IELTS interview skills with these online tutorials.
The British Council also has a dedicated website called LearnEnglish, which provides a number of English learning resources including:
- grammar and vocabulary tutorials
- business and work resources, as well as a magazine section
- IELTS tips
- community networking opportunities.
It is an ideal resource to complement your IELTS training and increase your confidence when taking your IELTS test.