Registration for FameLab 2018 is now open
Complete the online registration form by Tuesday 6 March 2018 (23.59).
You will receive an email confirming your participation in the competition and providing details of the next steps.
Then it’s over to you to present your scientific topic to our panel of judges at one of the regional heats – don’t forget to invitе your family and friends to come and support you!
Please note that if you are unable to attend any of the regional heats in Athens or Thessaloniki but would like to take part in the competition, we also accept video entries. Of the participants who submit a video entry, a maximum of two may be selected to compete in the national final. See below for details.
Before registering, please make sure you’re eligible to take part in the competition.
Video entry details
- be up to three minutes long (content will not be judged after this time limit)
- contain no editing or special effects
- have no background music (unless music is the subject of your talk)
- not involve other people or excessive props (follow the guideline for the live regional heats which specifies that props ‘are limited to what you can carry on stage’).
We are not assessing video/filming quality. We simply need to be able to clearly hear and see you, so there is no problem submitting entries filmed on a smartphone.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo or another video hosting site and copy the link.
- Complete the online registration form and paste the link to your video in the relevant field.
Please note that of the participants who submit a video entry, a maximum of two may be selected to compete in the national final.
If you’re successful at one of the heats, you will be invited to a two-day Communication Masterclass that will help you develop invaluable media and presentation skills. Details of the masterclass will be announced after the regional heats.
The national final will take place on Saturday 28 April 2017 at the Athens Science Festival.