The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over studying or working in the field of technology, engineering, medicine, biology, chemistry, physics or maths. This includes private and public sector employees.
We welcome entries from:
- lecturers and researchers in science, engineering or mathematics subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree
- people who work on applying science, engineering, technology or mathematics (e.g. patent clerks, statisticians, consultants to industry)
- university students of science, mathematics or engineering
- people who apply science, mathematics or engineering in the armed forces or for government bodies
- people who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business.
We cannot accept entries from:
- people who are already working professionally in public engagement with science
- press or public relations officers, even for science-related organisations
- artists who work on science-related themes
- science centre staff who work exclusively or mainly with the public
- journalists and broadcasters (as their main or only job).
Please email Vangelis.Kravvaritis@britishcouncil.gr if you are unsure of your eligibility.