How to register for Cambridge English exams
You can register online and pay the exam fee within three working days of starting the online registration process by direct deposit to the British Council account at Alpha Bank. You can do this at any Alpha Bank branch, via an ATM or via web banking through your own bank.
The Online Registration System will generate a unique reference number that you should use during the transaction with the bank. This number should be used instead of your name in the 'Αιτιολογία' field on the bank deposit slip or web banking transaction form.
You will need the following information for direct deposit and web banking:
Account number: 1150 0200 2018 908
IBAN: GR05 0140 1150 1150 0200 2018 908
Register by post
Follow these four steps to complete your registration:
For Individual candidates:
Fill in the application form for individual candidates:
- Cambridge English: Young Learners (YLE Starters, Movers, Flyers) application form (PDF, 231 kb)
- Cambridge English: Key (KET) for Schools, Preliminary (PET) for Schools, First (FCE) for Schools, Advanced (CAE) and Proficiency (CPE) application form (PDF, 71 kb)
- Cambridge English: Business (BEC Preliminary, Vantage, Higher) application form (PDF, 108 kb)
- Cambridge English: Legal (ILEC) application form (PDF, 77 kb)
- Cambridge English: Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) application form (PDF, 100 kb)
For Foreign Language Centres:
Complete the Block entry form (PDF, 397 kb) with your candidates' details.
Pay the examination fees in one of the following ways:
- Alpha Bank branch or ATM direct deposit to the British Council account (Account Number 1150 0200 2018908). Quote the name of the individual candidate/school in the 'Αιτιολογία' field on the bank deposit slip.
- Online bank transfer to British Council account number 1150 0200 2018908, IBAN: GR05 0140 1150 1150 0200 2018 908. Quote the name of the individual candidate/school on the web banking transaction form.
- Bank cheque payable to the British Council.
In accordance with Cambridge English regulations, candidates registering for Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE), Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge English: Business (BEC) and Cambridge English: Legal (ILEC) examinations will be required to have a passport-style photograph taken on the day of either the speaking test or the written test. Test Day Photography is compulsory for all candidates over 18 years of age.
We will process registrations for candidates under 18 years of age whose parent/legal guardian refuses to consent to the test day photography procedure; however please note that a photo cannot be added to the candidate’s result at a later date.
All candidates, or a parent/guardian, must sign the Test day photography consent form (PDF, 26 kb).
Send the completed application form, bank deposit slip and the signed photo consent form (for CAE/CPE/BEC/ILEC candidates) to the British Council at one of the following addresses:
17 Kolonaki Square
106 73 Athens
43 Tsimiski Street
546 23 Thessaloniki
After you register
Two weeks before the date of the paper-based examination, you will receive an email and/or SMS informing you how to access and download your timetable online.
One week before the date of the computer-based examination, you will receive your timetable with details of exam times and venues via email.