Our Addvantage member scheme offers enhanced services to you, your students and your teachers. Partner with us and enjoy the benefits of working with a trusted and professional international organisation.
What is Addvantage?
Addvantage is the British Council’s examinations member scheme for schools, language centres and institutions who register candidates for Cambridge English Qualifications and/or IELTS with us in Greece. It’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ to schools who already co-operate with us, and ‘welcome’ to new schools and institutions that wish to try our services.
How do I become an Addvantage member?
Any school wishing to collaborate with us can become a member of the Addvantage member scheme.
You can become a member of Addvantage if your foreign language school, private primary or secondary school or institution registers candidates with us for any of the English language exams we administer: Cambridge English Qualifications (paper-based and computer-based) and IELTS.
Your level of membership is based on the number of candidates you registered in the previous academic year. You will receive the Addvantage calculator at the start of each registration period, where you will see your level, which will be valid for the duration of the academic year.
Each school can claim the benefits and exclusive rewards that correspond to their level of membership. As you move up in your membership level, you will enjoy greater benefits as a thank you for continuing to choose the British Council as your exams provider.
Addvantage is also available to language schools and private primary and secondary schools/institutions who have not worked with us before, or who have not done so for a number of years.
What benefits will I receive as an Addvantage member?
The Addvantage member scheme offers you an attractive and exclusive package of benefits for your school, your teachers and your students. It includes top quality exams management and administration for you and your students, a wide range of exam preparation material, seminars and teacher development workshops, as well as access to the many other services we offer as the British Council in Arts, Education and Society.
Some of the benefits we offer are:
- participation in the British Council’s Our Future competition for school-age learners with fantastic prizes
- free mock speaking tests for your Cambridge English: B2 First (FCE) for Schools, C1 Advanced (CAE) and C2 Proficiency (CPE) candidates as well as tips, practice and feedback on writing samples for B2 First (FCE) for Schools and C1 Advanced (CAE) through our LearnEnglish Exams website
- free English language practice resources for all ages and all levels on our LearnEnglish website and free exam practice resources for IELTS through Road to IELTS
- listening with headphones or stereo surround system, and high quality venues for your students’ computer-based, paper-based and speaking exams
- guaranteed safety for your younger students through our child protection policy
- invitations to attend our face-to-face ELT seminars available throughout Greece, as well as our regular Cambridge English Qualifications and IELTS webinars with best practice teaching tips
- our guide to English language exams for your students’ parents, which provides advice on how to help their child with their English Language exams
- the right to use the approved British Council Addvantage© branding for promotional purposes
- promotion of your school through our School Finder webpage
- ELT seminars specifically tailored for the needs of your school
- NEW! One complementary book of your choice provided by Cambridge University Press from a selection of their English Language Teaching 2019 catalogue
- NEW! Complementary 20-hour online methodology course Understanding Assessment provided by Cambridge University Press, including a certificate of completion
- NEW! Information and guidance on the range of free high-quality learning and teaching resources available from Cambridge Assessment English, Cambridge University Press and the British Council
- NEW! Access to the British Council’s online child protection training course for your teachers
- NEW! For Platinum members: Complementary access to one 20-hour Testing and Assessment online methodology course provided by Cambridge University Press, including a certificate of completion. Courses available are: (1) How to teach Cambridge English: Advanced (C1 Advanced), (2) How to teach Cambridge English: First (B2 First), (3) How to teach IELTS and (4) Learning Oriented Assessment.
We offer many more benefits and update our offer every academic year.
For a detailed list of the benefits we offer to EFL schools and private primary/secondary schools, please contact us at Addvantage@britishcouncil.gr for a copy of our 2019–20 brochure and terms and conditions.