The British Council in Greece is delighted to announce the launch of the ambitious UK-Greece Strategic Partnership in Education programme, aimed at fostering collaboration between UK and Greek universities.
The programme is delivered in partnership with the Hellenic Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs and the British Embassy in Athens. The International Education Directorate, Department for Education, UK, Universities UK International and the Hellenic Universities Rectors’ Synod are supporting the partnership as members of the Advisory Board of the programme.
How does the programme aim to support UK and Greek universities?
Universities participating in the programme in both countries will receive support from the British Council and the Ministry in identifying opportunities for collaboration and developing them with their counterparts.
Collaborations may include, for example, joint and dual degrees, research collaborations, distance learning, summer programmes, academic and student exchanges, and other learning opportunities.
What does the programme involve?
Universities in the two countries can take part in the programme through four key strands:
- participation in research into subject areas and types of programmes of common interest to Greek and British universities and setting their priorities
- participation in a series of thematic webinars focusing on common areas of interest
- additional institution-to-institution partner-matching activities
- visits and exchanges of university delegations.
What is the timeframe for the programme?
The programme launched on Friday 5 March 2021 – you can:
- research into the Greek and UK university sectors and mapping of common interest in programmes types, subjects and levels of study in March 2021
- thematic webinars to support institutions’ familiarisation and engagement in May 2021
- further institution-to-institution partner-matching activities in June 2021.
How can I take part or find out more about the programme?
For further information about the programme, contact Maria Tsakali, Head Education and Society at the British Council in Greece, at Maria.Tsakali@britishcouncil.gr