The UK-Greece Strategic Partnership in Education programme is delivered in partnership with the Hellenic Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs and the British Embassy in Athens. It was launched in March 2021 and is aimed at fostering collaboration between UK and Greek universities.
The International Education Directorate, Department for Education, UK, Universities UK International and the Hellenic Universities Rectors’ Synod are supporting the partnership as members of the Advisory Board of the programme.
How does the programme aim to support UK and Greek universities?
Universities participating in the programme in both countries are supported by the British Council and the Ministry in identifying opportunities for collaboration and developing them with their counterparts.
Collaborations may include, for example, joint and dual degrees, research collaborations, distance learning, summer programmes, academic and student exchanges, and other learning opportunities.
What does the programme involve?
Since the launch of the programme, Greek and UK Universities have engaged in the programme through various actions and at different stages:
- research into subject areas and types of programmes to identify areas of common interest to Greek and British universities and set priorities – April to May 2021
- thematic webinars focusing on joint and dual degrees, research collaborations and summer programmes – June 2021
- information portal giving participating universities access to useful information to facilitate knowledge sharing and networking – launched in June 2021
- communications to support engagement and facilitate progress of discussions – ongoing
- partner matching activity – January 2022
- visits and exchanges by university delegations (dates to be announced).
- Launch event: watch the recording and read the press release
- Thematic webinars: watch the videos on opening/setting the context, joint and dual degrees, research collaborations and summer programmes, and read the press release
- Partner matching event, opening session: watch the recording and read the press release
How can I take part or find out more about the programme?
For further information about the programme, contact Maria Tsakali, Head Education and Society at the British Council in Greece, at Maria.Tsakali@britishcouncil.gr