The Future we want
This summer help your child discover the 17 sustainable development goals agreed by the United Nations for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future.
During the The Future we want Summer School, your child will have the opportunity to embark on an exciting journey of discovery. They will learn about health and education, energy and industry, inequality, and community as well as climate change and how they can preserve our oceans and forests. All of this and more in an English-speaking environment.
The Future we want Summer School:
- is led by amazing Instructors in art, sport, science, geography, and English,
- involves a wide variety of creative and fun activities,
- takes students outside the classroom to experience the world around them, and
- helps your child become a true explorer of the English language.
The British Summer School in Athens 2021:
- is designed by teachers of I.M.Panagiotopoulos School in collaboration with British Council teachers,
- is aimed at children aged 5 to 11,
- will take place from 28 June to 23 July 2021 at I.M.Panagiotopoulos School in Pallini,
- includes transfers for your children on school buses,
- will run Monday to Friday from 08.30 to 14.40 and
- offers an optional child-care programme from 14.40 to 16.40, which includes lunch and transportation to and from central pick-up points.
The programme includes the following strands:
STEM: UN Ambassadors will discover the power of robotics, engineering, science, technology and maths through hands-on activities and exciting challenges.
iPad Workshops: The World on your iPad! UN Ambassadors will take part in interactive and creative games, projects as well as a treasure hunt with the use of an iPad.
Sports: UN Ambassadors will get fit, have fun, and learn how to discover the power of a healthy body, while trying out different sports and games.
Art: UN Ambassadors will be creative and learn to use the power of art and craft.
Role-play: UN Ambassadors will discover the power of imagination through drama activities, games, songs, and stories themed on the forests and the sea.
Field Trips: UN Ambassadors will go beyond the classroom and explore the natural environment. They will enjoy team-building activities and learn about the power of co-operation.
We aim to provide a safe learning environment for children and staff.
The programme will run following the laws and guidelines to protect public health against COVID-19.
The Future we want Summer School – a world of peace and prosperity!