You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
You can also take IELTS Online (IELTS Academic only) from the comfort of your home or any private space with a stable internet connection.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Book now|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||€218||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||€218||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic Online||€218||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (computer)||€240||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training for UKVI - in centre (computer)||€240||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||€185||Find a test date|
What does the fee include? Our IELTS test fee includes exclusive preparation materials, free practice tests and much more.
Before you book your test
- Check our Online Registration System for real-time information on test place availability to find the IELTS test date that best suits your needs.
- Make sure you have an electronic colour copy of a valid identification document (national ID for EU citizens or passport for non-EU citizens) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear copy of your ID when you book your test. On the day of the examination you must present the same identification document that you used when you registered for the test.
- Click here to download the instructions on how you can register to take the IELTS Test.
- For candidates under the age of 18, their parent/legal guardian has to submit the candidate's application.
- Download and read our IELTS on paper: Information for Candidates (PDF, 2 mb) or IELTS on computer: Information for Candidates (PDF, 633 kb), which contain important information about the test format, question types and test results.
- Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
Book a place
Book a place using our Online Registration System and upload an electronic colour copy of your ID or passport.
If you register online but do not upload an electronic copy of your identification document to our Online Registration System, you must send us a copy of the document within two calendar days of registering. Scan the identification document you used to register, save it as a .jpeg or pdf file no larger than 3 mb and email it to the centre where you are applying to take the IELTS test:
- Athens: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thessaloniki: email@example.com
- Write your full name and the date of the test session you have chosen in the subject line of your email.
- Use this format for saving the file: (name)_(family name)_(session date).jpg or pdf
Pay the IELTS test fee
You can pay the IELTS test fee in one of two ways:
- Pay online with your Visa or Mastercard debit/credit card. You can make your online payment at the same time as you book your place using our Online Registration System or after you have booked your place online by logging into the Candidate Area of the Online Registration System using your email address (as entered when you registered online) and IELTS Reference Number (A3-GR005-S-XXXXXXX or A3-GR026-S-XXXXXXX). Click on the ‘Payment Info’ tab and then on ‘PAY NOW’. You can easily pay online using your Visa or MasterCard debit/credit card.
Pay by direct deposit to the British Council account at any Alpha Bank branch after you have booked your place on our Online Registration System. You can pay the test fee via ATM or via web banking through you own bank. Please note that you will be responsible to cover all bank charges.
Account number: 1150 0200 2018 908
IBAN: GR05 0140 1150 1150 0200 2018 908
Please quote the IELTS Reference number provided by the Online Registration System in the «Αιτιολογία» field on the Alpha Bank deposit slip (e.g. A3-GR005-S-XXXXXXX or A3-GR026-S-XXXXXXX).
Further information about online and direct deposit payment methods and the registration process can be found on our Online Registration System as well as in the guidelines that we will send you in electronic form.
IELTS test date confirmation
You will receive an email confirming your registration within five working days of registering.
If your identification document is rejected, you will receive an email with instructions how to upload your identification document again.
Incomplete applications are not eligible for processing.
After booking your test, you will receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version and IELTS Ready: Premium.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.
Please make sure you visit your account two days prior to the date of your written tests to check the final date and time of your exams.
Approximately three days prior to your test you will receive an email with further instructions about your examinations (time of arrival at the centre etc).
Please note that there are websites pretending to be British Council IELTS registration sites. They are not associated with us and we are not responsible for the content on those sites.
Before you enter any personal details, please make sure that you are using our secure online registration system and check that ‘British Council’ is spelt correctly.