Our official IELTS test centres can help if you have visual, hearing, speaking or learning difficulties. If you need a modified version of IELTS, please give the test centre three months’ notice.
If special arrangements (for example, extra time) need to be made, then please give the test centre six weeks’ notice.
Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have.
Special arrangements include:
- braille papers
- special Listening CD with necessary stops and pauses
- lip-reading version of the Listening test
- enlarged print or Speaking task cards in Braille.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide:
- enlarged print
- Braille test papers
- an amanuensis to write the answers for you.
If you have hearing difficulties, we can offer:
- special amplification equipment
- a lip-reading version of the Listening module.
If you have dyslexia, we can arrange:
- extra time for the Reading and Writing tests.
Please contact us three months in advance of your test date if you have special needs that may require a modified IELTS test version.
In the Registration System select "Yes" under special arrangements and you will be able to view different dates for your exam. Please note that special arrangements are only available for IELTS on paper. In addition, before completing your registration, you will have to upload the relevant supporting documents.