We understand that getting your results is important. We know you want them quickly, but it is important that we give you the score that reflects your performance. IELTS results are available 13 calendar days after your test.
Online IELTS test results
You can preview your results online from 12.00 midday 13 days after the date of the written test.
You will not be able to obtain your results over the phone, by email or by fax.
Test Report Forms (TRFs)
Your examination centre will inform you on how you will receive your original IELTS Test Report Form.
- You will receive one copy of the Test Report Form and replacements cannot be issued.
- If you'd like your results – up to a maximum of five copies – to be sent to universities or other educational institutions, please include the relevant addresses when you register and we will send a copy of your Test Report Form by ordinary mail.
- Additional original copies can only be sent to receiving institutions (i.e. universities, immigration officers, etc.) and only by ordinary mail. A small administrative fee may be charged.
- Institutions can view candidates’ scores through the IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) Verification Service. They will need your Test Report Form number.
- Institutions will not accept photocopies of the Test Report Form.
- Institutions will not usually accept a Test Report Form that is more than two years old unless you provide evidence that you have maintained or improved your English since taking the test.
Understand your IELTS scores
IELTS provides results for all levels of English: there is no such thing as a pass or fail. You will be given a score from 1 to 9 for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Find out more about how to understand your IELTS scores and the 9-band system.
Your scores will be given to you on a Test Report Form.
How to query your score
In the unusual case you believe there has been a mistake in the marking, you can apply to our Enquiry on Results Service to have your test re-marked. This must be done within six weeks of the test date. You can choose which sections of the test are re-marked.
There is a fee for this service, which will be refunded should your overall score change. Enquiry on Results can take up to eight weeks to complete. Please contact us for further information.
Can I re-take the test?
You can take the test as many times as you wish. However, please note that to significantly improve your score, it is necessary to undertake further study. IELTS research indicates that scores are unlikely to improve without further English language tuition.