Take the IELTS test with the British Council and get the help you need
We are a proud co-owner of IELTS and have been administering the test in Greece and globally for over a quarter of a century. By taking the IELTS test with the British Council, our candidates entrust us with their future studies and employment, whether in Greece or abroad.
When you book your IELTS test, you want to be focused on achieving the result you need to get where you want to go.
That’s why when you book IELTS with the British Council, we ensure your booking process is as easy as possible, while also providing you with the support you need on your way to test day.
Access to exclusive preparation materials and additional benefits when you book IELTS with the British Council:
- Unlimited access to Road to IELTS – Last Minute course: This includes nine videos giving advice and tutorials, 100 interactive activities and two practice tests for each of the four skills – and it’s free when you register for IELTS with the British Council.
- Free practice tests: Access free practice tests online or order a copy of the IELTS Practice Materials, containing sample tests for IELTS Academic and General Training.
- Prepare on the go: We have a range of free innovative apps available to help you improve your English skills even when you are on the move.
- Expert support: From videos and books to online interactive courses, you have access to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test.
- Easy booking: You can register to take IELTS with the British Council quickly and easily through our Online Registration System, which provides real-time information on the availability of test places.
- Convenient dates and locations: We offer many IELTS test dates to choose from in Athens, Thessaloniki and other towns and cities throughout Greece. This means that you have a wide range of options for where and when you want to take your test.
- Convenient payment options: You can easily pay the IELTS fee either online via our Online Registration System or by direct deposit.
- Carefully selected venues: All of our official IELTS test centres have the high-quality modern facilities you’d expect and are well-located.
- Professional, friendly staff: Highly trained and experienced staff to ensure that your test day runs smoothly.
- Fast online results: Only 13 calendar days for IELTS on paper and 3–5 calendar days for IELTS on computer after the day of your test.
- Provision of extra Test Report Forms (TRF): We can send your Test Report Form (TRF) directly to institutions you are applying to (for instance universities, immigration officers, etc.) for a period of two years from the test date. If you would like us to do this, please contact our customer services team.
- Free IELTS information sessions: You can find out more about the IELTS test by attending our free information sessions.
- Education support: Availability of counselling services for studies in the UK, including the verification and translation of documents.