Terms and conditions
It is important that you read and accept the IELTS terms and conditions when you register for the test.
The terms and conditions contain important information, including details of:
- the rules you need to follow
- security precautions taken when you sit your test
- the results process
- cancellation process
- how we use your information.
When you tick the terms and conditions box on the Online Registration System, you are confirming that you have read and understood the IELTS terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
- If you are under the age of 18, your legal guardian must complete and sign the Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form (PDF, 485 kb) for your participation in the IELTS Test. Please scan the completed and signed form and send it as indicated in the form instructions.
- As an added measure to enhance IELTS test security, all participants will be required to have their photograph taken by IELTS administrative staff on their test day. Please make sure that you review the instructions supplied to you after you have booked your test.
- All candidates, or a parent/guardian of candidates under the age of 18, must complete and sign the IELTS Photo Consent Form (PDF, 24 kb) for the IELTS test day photography and verification process. Once you have completed and submitted your electronic registration, send the completed and signed form as a scanned file to email@example.com.
The British Council and UK examining boards take all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. You will understand that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control. If examinations or their results are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume normal services as soon as possible. The British Council’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee or re-testing at a later date.